Saturday, June 5, 2010

Growing Up!

So I am sitting in my garage with my mom, my little brother and my other “mom.” We are watching my dad and my older brother help fix my best friends car. Her name is Michelle and I have known her since we were in kindergarten. I love her to death but sitting here watching her fix her car is so boring. People may ask me what’s wrong and I will tell them it’s because I am bored. I am sitting here looking on how much we have grown up. It seems like just the other day we were sitting up in my room playing with Barbie dolls. And now look at us we are sitting here working on her car and now we are seniors in high school. It’s weird to think that we have grown up so fast, but we have. Sometimes I wish that we were little girls so we won’t have to worry about anything besides bumps and scratches, and now we have to worry about which boy likes us or if he even likes us. Or weather or not we am going to make it into the college we want to go to. No more worrying about selling the most Girl Scout Cookies to get the biggest prize and a patch to add to your vest, now its worrying about turning a big paper in on time so we don’t fail the class so we can graduate. Life is changing and so are we. The thing is, we have to change with it even if we don’t want to we have to because if we don’t grow up we won’t get anywhere in life. So when you are called to be a Pastry Chef or an Aeronautical Engineer you have to answer it because it may be your one chance to actually grow up. Now don’t get me wrong I love being the age I am but sometimes I just want to be a little girl again. And I will tell you right now that I am scared to death to go into my senior year of high school in a few months. There is just something about being in my home that is so warm and comforting. I know that my parents want me to leave the “nest” and then again they don’t. And I am feeling the same exact way because I have been in the comfort of this city for so long and to go to another city and go to college is kind of scary to think about. So now with me sitting here with these two families shows me how much I am loved and how much people support me. Our two families are really great friends because of Michelle and I, and if our two families would have never been friends I don’t want to even think about how our lives would be because they have changed our lives so much. Thanks for reading this today! Have a great weekend! God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my girls!! How I love you both so very much!! Its gonna break this Mom's heart to watch you BOTH go off to college at the same time! At least with the boys I had a year and then two more in between. What am I gonna do without your smiling beautiful faces around? I am so glad that God blessed each of you with the other one. You truly have been "sisters" all these years. What an honor and privilege it is to watch you both grow into remarkable beautiful godly young ladies. The world is a better place because of your friendship and love for others and sticking by each other and your love for each other as well. I cannot WAIT to see all God has planned for each of your lives! I love you both with all my heart!! I will always be praying for both my girls! Hugs and Kisses from "Mom" :)

    ReplyDelete

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones