Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mommies Day!

So here I am on my way home from taking my older brother back to SBU for the last time as a freshman. And it is mother day of all day and next year he will be a sophomore in college and I will be a senior in high school. My little brother will be a junior and soon after that we will all be out of high school. I know it is hard to think about right now because I want to just enjoy my senior year and I don’t want anything to change right now. I know for my mom it seems very hard to think about and I know she doesn’t want me to “leave the nest” but I know she also knows that we all have to grow up weather we want to or not. It’s just really hard to think about.



I try and wrap my mind around what is going to happen to me soon. Next month by the schools terms I will become a senior in high school because the seniors now will have graduated and we will be the rulers of the school. Then in the fall I will start my school year off as a good start. I will be able to do just about anything I want to (still following my parents rules). I will be gaining more trust with my parents because they know that soon I will be off at college not far away but I will be growing up. I will become a Pastry Chef!

This weekend I made my mom and mothers day cake. The cake was an ice cream cake. I used a spring form pan and baked my cake in that. After it was done I let it freeze completely when it was frozen I put a layer of magic shell (it’s like chocolate syrup but hardens when it gets cold) let that freeze. Then I put my ice cream on top of the shell. I put it back into the freezer to let the ice cream get hard and later I pulled it out and decorated the top of it. When I pulled it out of the freezer today I took the ring off and very carefully decorated the sides. It was a difficult task to decorate the sides but it sure was worth it. We all enjoyed the yummy ice cream cake after a delicious mothers day lunch/dinner. It was a chocolate cake with mint chocolate chip ice cream on top. Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. It was yummy Sissy! Thanks for a wonderful Mommies Day! I love you very much! It means even more that you worked SO hard on this cake, it was not the easiest you've ever made but in my opinion it was the best!! Only cuz it combined two of my favorite things, your cakes, and ICE CREAM, not any ice cream, Mint chocolate chip! Did you see your Daddy's face when he bit into it??? To funny!! Love you and thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete

My Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones